Welcome

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wonder


  Natalie Merchant's song "Wonder" is from her solo album "Tigerlily", which was released on June 20,1995. In 1995 "Wonder" went to #16 on Modern Rock Tracks and #32 on Top 40 Mainstream. In 1996 the song was  #18 on Adult Contemporary,#1 on Top Adult Recurrents,#2 on Adult Top 40 and # 7 on Top 40 Mainstream.





WONDER


 Doctors have come from disant cities
 Just to see me
 Stand over my bed
 Disbelieving what they're seeing

 They say I must be one of the wonders
 Of G_d's own creation
And as far as they can see they can offer 
No explination

Newspapers ask intimate questions
 Want confession
 They reach into my head 
To steal the story of my glory

They say I must be one of the wonders
 of G_d's own creation 
And as far as they can see
No explination

 O, I believe
 Fate, smiled and destiny
 Laughed as she came to my cradle
Know this child will be able
Laughed as my body she lifted
 Know this child will be gifted
 With love,with patience and with faith
 She'll make her way

 People see me
 I'm a challenge to your balance 
 I'm over yourheads
 I confound you and astound you
 To know I must be one of the wonders 
 Of G_ds own creation
 And as far as you can see me you can offer me 
 No explanation

 O, I believe
 Fate,smiled and destiny
 Laughed as she came to my cradle
 Know this child will be able
Laughed as she came to my mother
 Know this child will not suffer
 Laughed as my body she lifted
 Know this child will be gifted
With love, with patience and with faith
 She'll make her way.



No comments: