Welcome

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mississippi Mud Pie

  This is one of favorite desserts, but because I'm the only one in my household that likes Mississippi Mud I don't have it that often. But one of my aunt's made some for Thanksgiving and I made a pig of myself with it and had two helpings. So I thought I would post a couple of recipes for it. One of them uses nuts in it, but because there seems to be a lot people allergic to nuts I'm including a recipe that uses Graham crackers instead. I have had it both ways and I think they both taste good. But then with chocolate involved... and the thing is I'm not all that crazy about chocolate or pretty much any kind of candy for that matter. Anyway if any of you try the Mississippi Mud I do hope you enjoy it.




 MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE #1

1 3/4 Cup of flour
1 stick of butter, softened
3/4 Cup of chopped pecans
1 Cup of powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 oz Cool Whip
2 (3.9 oz) packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
3 Cups of milk



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C)
  2. In a medium bowl, combine pecans and flour. Mix well, then stir in softened butter. Stir until mixture forms a ball. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brow.Remove from the oven and let cool.
  3. Make chocolate pudding according to directions on the box. Let sit for 5 minutes before spreading on top of cooled crust.
  4. In a large bowl, whip softened cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth. Then fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture. Spread over pudding layer. Garnish, if you like, with chocolate candy bar shavings or miniature chocolate chips. Serve chilled.


__________________________

MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE #2 

2 Cups of Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 Cup of white sugar
1/2 Cup of butter, softened
1 12 0z container of frozen Cool Whip, thawed
3/4 Cup of white sugar
2 small packages of chocolate pudding mix
3 Cups of milk

  1. Thoroughly blend Graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan or onto the the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
  2. Blend together half of the Cool Whip,3/4 cup sugar and the softened cream cheese. Spread onto top of pie crust.
  3. Whip together the pudding and milk and spread on top of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Put chocolate sprinkles on top for garnish.

I would think that a store bought Graham cracker pie crust would work in a pinch instead of making it yourself.


No comments: