MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE #1
1 3/4 Cup of flour
1 stick of butter, softened
3/4 Cup of chopped pecans
1 Cup of powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 oz Cool Whip
2 (3.9 oz) packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
3 Cups of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C)
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans and flour. Mix well, then stir in softened butter. Stir until mixture forms a ball. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brow.Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Make chocolate pudding according to directions on the box. Let sit for 5 minutes before spreading on top of cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, whip softened cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth. Then fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture. Spread over pudding layer. Garnish, if you like, with chocolate candy bar shavings or miniature chocolate chips. Serve chilled.
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE #2
2 Cups of Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 Cup of white sugar
1/2 Cup of butter, softened
1 12 0z container of frozen Cool Whip, thawed
3/4 Cup of white sugar
2 small packages of chocolate pudding mix
3 Cups of milk
- Thoroughly blend Graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan or onto the the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Blend together half of the Cool Whip,3/4 cup sugar and the softened cream cheese. Spread onto top of pie crust.
- Whip together the pudding and milk and spread on top of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Put chocolate sprinkles on top for garnish.
I would think that a store bought Graham cracker pie crust would work in a pinch instead of making it yourself.