Welcome

Monday, April 30, 2012

Led Zeppelin's 1969 Cleveland Concert





  I was originally starting a post about the song 'The Song Remains the Same' but I have very easily gotten sidetracked. First it was ' Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp' from Earls Court in '75 and now it is Led Zeppelin's 1969 concert in full from Cleveland, Ohio. OH LORDY! They're playing 'Dazed and Confused' right now and that song, for some reason, makes me want to cry. I don't know if it's Robert Plant's voice or Jimmy Page's guitar or it could be a compilation of both of them, but OH MY GOSH I'm friggin' speechless.  I won't be cruel and keep it to myself, here it for you to enjoy:



  Led Zeppelin had a four-point landing in Cleveland,Ohio on July 20,1969, the same day that Apollo 11 landed on the moon, at Musicarnival. Led Zeppelin had a sold-out concert, of clapping, stomping and dancing in the aisles, of 2,574.

  Jimmy Page received a standing ovation for his bluesy solo  "White Summer".  But the group hit their stride in the last 10 minutes of "Dazed and Confused" when Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham played in a tight together jam.


  Led Zeppelin closed with "Communication Breakdown" .


I have a strong suspicion that is Peter 'G' Grant over Jimmy's shoulder that got cut out.





I'll do 'Bron-Yr-AurStomp' and 'The Song Remains the Same' at a later date.

No comments: