Welcome

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Marchesa Spring 2012




  Hello, my name is Misha and I am a Marchesa addict and I don't consider it a problem. I think I am going overboard on the pictures of all of the Marchesa Spring 2012 Collection. Jiminy Cricket! I just thought I went nuts over Alexander McQueen. Actually I did but this Marchesa line is tied with the McQueen line. Oh Lord, I wonder who else I'll go gaga over next?

  Anyway, the founders of Marchesa , Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, met at the Chelsea College of Art & Design in London, England. They established high end brand of womenswear, Marchesa, in 2004 and named the company after Marchesa Luisa Casati, an Italian heiress, muse, and patroness of the arts in the early 20th century Europe.. The marchesa Casati fitted the utmost example of dandyism in women ( since 'dandy' had been expanded to include women) by saying : "I want to be a living work of art." Well wouldn't most women? Within reason that is.

  And now here is some living works of art by Marchesa:

Rehearsal for Marchesa Spring 2012
 

Appliqued silk-chiffon gown


One Shoulder Grecian dress  







SO 1980'S



































Cute, fun & flirty little yellow dress








Sequined Mini Dress







Marchesa Bridal 2012

Katy Perry in Marchesa Spring 2012  Ready to Wear

No comments: