Welcome

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Joy to the World

I don't believe I have posted this song yet but if I have I am going to do so again. It's "Joy to the World" by Three Dog . This was the first song I ever remember hearing and I still love this song. And all bullfrogs are Jeremiah, even their legs when I eat them (usually one of the cheapest things on the menu, depending on which seafood restaurant has them). Any way, I remember being on the floor in something like a car seat but it wasn't one, just kind of shaped like one and made of metal, and my Daddy was trying to teach me the names of our cat and dog. Naturally I was ignoring him (all kids pretty much ignore their parents don't they?) and he told my Mother to put in the eight track (dating myself) and she did and the first notes started and he most definitely had my attention at that point. I remember I started kicking mylegs to the music. So with that dear people I'd like to share this with you. Oh and Hoyt Axton, the father in the movie "Gremlins", wrote this song.






 JOY TO THE WORLD

 Jeremiah was a bullfrog 
 Was a good friend of mine
 I never understood a word he said
 But I helped him a-drink his wine
 And he always had some mighty fine wine

 Singin'
 Joy to the world
 All the boys and girls, now
 Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
 Joy to you and me

 If I were the king of the world
 Tell you what I'd do 
 I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the wars 
 And make sweet love to you.

 Sing it now
Joy to the world
 All the boys and girls,now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

 You know I love the ladies
 Love to have my fun
 I'm a high night flier and a rainbow rider
 A straight -shooting son of a gun
 I said a straight -shootin' son of a gun

 Joy to the world
 All the boys and girls, now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me.






Here's the recorded sound. I also think that because Chuck Negron is no longer a member of the group, he's the one singing, the group is not as good. I mean when it takes two people to do what he did... anywho



No comments: