Welcome

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cover of the Rolling Stone

Don't ask. I just can have a somewhat twisted sense of music and now the thought just came to my mind that Shel Silverstein wrote the song. I know he wrote Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue". Yep Shel Silverstein did write "Cover of the Rolling Stone" Well that explains it. Now if I could only read "Where the Sidewalk Ends" and "A Light in the Attic". The name of the song is "Cover of the Rolling Stone" and it was released in 1973 by Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show. It peaked at #6 on the U.S. pop chart.It satirizes the music industry, at a time when this could be done

I swear the one who sings the second verse sounds like a bad Conway Twitty.






 DR HOOK & the MEDICINE SHOW'S  
 COVER OF TTHE ROLLING STONE

(SPOKEN)
 I don't believe it
 Don't touch me
 Hey Ray, hey Sugar
 Tell them who we are
(SUNG)
Well we're big rock singers 
 We got golden fingers
 And we're loved everywhere we go
(That sounds like us)


 We sing about beauty
 And we sing about truth
 At ten thousnd dollars a show (Right)

 We take all kinds of pills
 That give us all kind of thrills
 But the thrill we've never known 
Is the thrill that'll get you 
 On the cover of the Rolling Stone

 Rolling Stone,
 Wanna see my picture on the cover
 Rolling Stone
 Wanna by buy five copies for my mother (Yes)
 Rolling Stone,
 (Stone) Wanna see my smilin' face
 On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

 I've got a freaky old lady name o' Cocaine Katy
 Who embroiders all my jeans
 I've got my poor gray haired Daddy 
 Drivin' my limousine.
 Now it's all designed to blow our minds
 But our mind won't really be blown
 Like the blow that'll get you when you get your picture
 On the cover of the Rolling Stone.  

Rolling Stone,
Wanna see my picture on the cover (Stone)
Rolling Stone
 I want to buy five copies for my mother (Yes) 
Rolling Stone,
(Stone) Wanna see my smilin' face
 On the cover of the Rolling Stone

 We got a lot of little teenage
blue-eyed groupies
 Who do anything we say
  We got genuine Indian guru 
He's teachin' us a better way
 We've got all kind of friends that money can buy
 So we never have to be alone.
We keep gettin' richer
 But we can't get our picture
On the Cover of the Rolling Stone.

 Rolling Stone
 Wanna see my picture on the cove(Stone)
Wanna buy five copies for my mother (I want one) 
(Stone) Wanna see my smiling face on the cover of the Rolling Stone
 On the cover of the Rolling...(Stone(and us) )
 Wanna see my picture on the cover
 (I don't know why we ain't on the cover, baby)
 (Stone) Wanna buy five copies for my mother
 (We're beautiful fellows) (Stone)
 Wanna see my smilin' face
on the cover of the Rolling Stone

(SPOKEN)
 I ain't kiddin' ya
 We would make a beautiful cover
 Fresh shot, right up front man
I can see it now, we'd be on the front, smilin' man Aah, beautiful.





  







No comments: