Welcome

Friday, April 26, 2013

Fashion Friday Photo : Carey Mulligan in American Vogue's Homage to the Great Gatsby

Carey Mulligan, who plays Daisy Buchanan in the upcoming 3-D version of The Great Gatsby, that will be shown at the Cannes Film Festival next month, is on the cover of and in American Vogue magazine's May issue. She looks amazing, but I do have a problem with at least one picture and if you've read any of my fashion post you know I can get snippy so we'll see how it goes.



Chanel Haute Couture sequined dress with the headband actually being a necklace with enamel portraits from The Three Graces, whose jewelry I am starting to fall in love with.



Blue Miu Miu dress with embroidered Swarvoski Elements.



I swear this one of Carey in the Dior Haute Couture top with the sautoir (necklace) from Stephen Russel is my absolute favorite.



Nina Rici silk-satin dress with flower appliques. If Carey wasn't quite so scrawny it may have looked better, but I do like it.


Lovely Oscar de la Renta beaded silk organza skirt set. Would be beautiful if Carey would sit up straight.



Wearing an Alexander McQueen ostrich feather dress with chiffon covered pearls and Tiffany & Co. earrings.




As Yves Saint Laurent said " A good model can advance fashion by ten years." A slouching model can set fashion back twenty years by making both you and your clothes look hideous ,so STAND UP STRAIGHT said by me. I had a back problem as a kid so I'm a little sensitive on slouching. Had to say that.

Looking innocently lovely, Carey is wearing a Chanel Haute Houture dress made of chiffon, feathers and tulle with an open shoulder with flounces.The 1920's head band is from New York Vintage.






No comments: