Welcome

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Supermoon 2013

Supermoon is when the moon will be it's biggest of  2013. The moon is at it's closest to Earth on June 23. This close brush happens as the moon enters it's fullest phase, thus creating a supermoon. The moon will appear 12% larger when it is at its closest and fullest.

I was able to take some pictures of the moon last night and tonight at about 25 hours apart. They are in no way shape or for great to look at, this may be because it was too early to take them I really don't know. I'm just hoping for fair to middling pictures of the moon.  The first one is from Saturday night, the 22nd. With my first picture I took of the moon I learned it is better to have the flash off.



My second one is the one I am most proud of of the night. Maybe of all of the moon pictures.



With my next one... Oh Lord! Should have left the camera setting alone. Looks like an 18-wheeler coming with its headlights on high beam or something along that line of thought.



Now tonight is much better than that last one because I learned my lesson: keep flash off and put the camera on Night Portrait setting instead of Night Landscape.








And my final one



Like I said they're not the greatest but I do hope you enjoyed them.

No comments: