Welcome

Thursday, September 8, 2011

NFL Season

  Tonight is the official start of the NFL season, no more pre-season games, this is for all the glory. The first game up is between last years Super Bowl winners, the Green Bay Packers and the New Orleans Saints who won the Super Bowl in 2009. So the game is going to be on NBC at 8:30 eastern/ 7:30 Central at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'm going to hope the Saints win but I am not going to hold my breath. For me my favorite professional football team is the Pittsburgh Steelers, I think mainly because that is the first team I as consciously aware of as a toddler. I don't know if it is because of Terry Bradshaw (God bless him, but I hope not) or the Mean Joe Green Coca-Cola commercial, actually I think it was in fact the commercial that did it for me. Then I will go with the New Orleans Saints, because of the region in which I live. I know for the first 14 years of my life they had a losing season, all the way back to their inception in 1966 and so it wasn't until 1987 under Coach Jim Mora, that the Saints had their very FIRST winning season. To this day I still can not believe that they have had winning seasons, let alone won the Super Bowl! But whatever. I miss the paper bags over the head, Moses showing up and the Pope showing up. Yes these were people dressed up in character. Plus thee was this one guy who went around to different sporting events wearing a rainbow colored wig and holding signs with Bible scripture references, such as John 3:16. I wonder what happened to him?

  So may the best team win!

 GO STEELERS!



GO SAINTS




No comments: